Everything here refers mainly to OpenSuse with Gnome although the settings are similar for other linux systems.
Here are some tips that need to be sorted:
- to set Auto-Login: Yast - Security and Users - User/Group Management - Expert Options >Login Settings
- Set locale variables in .profile. i.e.
- First day of week, set the LC_TIME locale variable.
- Or, in terminal, run
locale to see the locale.
localectl to see and modify. Use
sudo localectl set-locale LANG=en_IE.utf8. Ref
- Yast, Language, Detailed settings allows the same.
- gnome shell calendar, first day of the week - go to Region and Language, set Format to en_GB.
- Open With: to set the default application, Alt+Enter in file browser.
- /home//.local/share/gnucash = gnucash data directory
- ~/.config/autostart = autostart applications
Gnome on Xorg or Wayland
Edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf and set Wayland on/off for the default session by enabling/disabling the line.